Aristobolaji.blogspot.com

Saturday 24 May 2014

Ancelotti: No Problem with Ronaldo





The 54-year-old has revealed the Portuguese has trained unhindered ahead of what the Italian has billed as a "special" clash in Lisbon
Real Madrid head coach Carlo Ancelotti has given a strong indication that Cristiano Ronaldo will be fit to start Saturday’s Champions League final with Atletico Madrid.

Along with Karim Benzema and Pepe, the Portuguese has been branded a doubt for the showpiece this weekend, yet the Italian suggested at his pre-match press conference that the Ballon d’Or winner will be ready.

“Cristiano has trained without problems,” the Italian said. “Pepe and Benzema haven't training this week - we will take the decision for tomorrow after this session, which they will take part in."

Ancelotti added that he wants to "realise the dream" of completing La Decima with Real Madrid.

His side head into the fixture against the Spanish champions, aiming to win the competition for the 10th time in their history – a record.

As they prepare to meet Diego Simeone's men in Lisbon, Ancelotti says this final is "special" and is determined to bring the historic title back to the Santiago Bernabeu.

"There's a thin line between an obsession and a dream," he told reporters. "But my aim is to realise the dream.

"A final is a final, there's not much difference to previous finals but there is something different. We began the season with the objective of making the final and winning the Decima and we have made the final - that's what makes it special.

"Rather than thinking about pre-game speeches, my main focus is just on the tactics and those instructions to the players, how to play the game."

The 54-year-old won the European Cup twice with AC Milan as a player and won it twice again as manager of the Italian club, but is still eager to win it with his current team.

"This is my seventh final and we are lucky to be here. Personally I don't have to ask any more of this competition. Everyone knows how important this competition is for Real Madrid. On my first day I said I'd do all I could to help Real Madrid win this competition.

"A lot goes through your mind before a game like this. What matters is to be calm, train well, to be on top of things and give the team clear instructions. You have to enjoy this experience.

"I have clear memories of my last press conference before the 2007 final and I said: 'This may be my last press conference, let me enjoy it.' It wasn't, but this one may be - so let me enjoy it."

Source: Goal

No comments: